If you’ve been in the business of digital design and marketing for more than five years then you’ve witnessed the mobile revolution, responsive design, the explosion of social media channels, and programmatic marketing. All of these tools and technologies are evolving at an accelerated rate. To keep that competitive edge and build that momentum for your business means you need to stay on your toes.
As a print designer, gone digital designer, I know first hand that it’s no easy task. Eight years ago, when I jumped on that digital wave, website design was simpler. We only had eleven font options, we designed for one screen size, and Blogger was the most popular social media. It’s a whole new world of digital design and marketing now. For creatives, it can feel like you’re in a constant battle to stay relevant.
"If you don’t like change, you are going to like irrelevance even less.” – Army Gen. Eric Shinseki
Along with my journey as a digital creative, I’ve found that the key to staying relevant is to embrace change, stay curious, adapt with technology, and be efficient with your time. Everything about digital design and marketing is exciting and moves fast. In my attempt to reach digital maturity, I’ve compiled a list of resources to help the Harlo team stay informed, save time, and get inspired.
Here's 20 of my favorite digital resources. Enjoy!
- Invision App Blog / The world's leading prototyping, collaboration & workflow platform.
- A List Apart / Explores the design, development, and meaning of web content.
- Shopify Blog / Inspiration you need to build a profitable business.
- TNW (TheNextWeb) / Sharing, inventing and advancing tech developments.
- Web Designer Depot / A Collection of the best in web design news, views, techniques, and resources.
- Nielsen Norman Group / The leading voice in the user experience field.
- AWWWARDS / Recognizing the talent and effort of the best web designers, developers and agencies in the world.
- Muzli / All the design inspiration you need.
- Animate CSS / A cross-browser library of CSS animations.
- Codrop / Looking for that special transition? It's here.
- Site Inspire / Find inspiration with a showcase of the finest web and interactive design.
- Font Awesome / Icons made for the web.
- Noun Project / Person, place or thing–there's an icon for that.
- Art of the Menu / A beautiful collection of inspiring menu designs.
- Google Fonts / Making the web more beautiful, fast, and open through great typography.
- Coolors / The super fast color schemes generator.
- Subtle Patterns / A pattern resource for websites.
- Dropmark / Organize all your links, files, and notes into visual collections.
- Unsplash / Free (do whatever you want) high-resolution photos.
- Death to Stock / Beautiful photos sent straight to your inbox.
If you want to know more about our creative digital services feel free to contact us here: firstname.lastname@example.org